Strategic Business Leadership
What is Leadership?
Alan Keith is quoted as saying that leadership is “ultimately about creating a way for people to contribute to making something extraordinary happen.” In our article "What is a Leadership?" we define a leader as someone who sees the future and genuinely helps people and the organization to grow and succeed.
So, What is Strategic Business Leadership?
There are four critical components of strategic business leadership skills needed to succeed in today's world:
- Strategic leadership
- Strategy development
- Strategic planning
- Strategy execution
We define strategic leadership as the foresight, values, characteristics and skills that best help people and organizations to ultimately reach their fullest potential.
Strategy development involves defining "what" the organization will focus on. This entails define the unique value that the organization will provide to its target audience.
Strategy development and strategic planning are related but arguably different. Strategic planning involves the "how." It involves planning out how to best make the strategies a reality.
Strategic execution, the most challenging part of strategy, involves leading and holding the organization and people accountable in a way that both inspires and achieves results.
- Articles on Strategic Leadership
- Beware of the Busy Manager
- Business Principles we Learn from Google
- Business Principles we Learn from Jeff Bezos Founder of Amazon
- Business Principles we Learn from Warren Buffett
- How the Mighty Fall
- Steve Jobs – Find Your Passion
- Strategic Business Leadership
- The Multipliers
- The Woman Who Saved an Airline Company with Love
- What is Leadership?
- 5 Future Strategies
- Apple Strategy – Basic Principles
- Built to Love
- Business Strategy Tools
- Confronting Reality
- Does Your Company’s Strategy Need Stretching? – Highlights
- Innovation Articles – Missing Ingredient in Strategy
- Market Driven Strategy
- The Discipline of Market Leaders
- What is Business Strategy?