Strategy + People + Execution = Results
What are the keys to strategy and execution breakthroughs?
How did they do it? How did they win so big? How did companies like Apple, Google, Bershire Hathaway, Southwest Airlines, Amazon and Procter & Gamble repeatedly win and win big?
- Apple: What is the secret behind Apple's ability to successfully produce and market a new tablet in an overly saturated computer hardware market? And then, how do they successfully begin to redefine how people experience the internet? What was the key?
- Google: Larry Page and Servy Brin of Google were able to redefine searching and define successful online advertising on a large-scale. Doesn’t everyone “Google It” to find what they need?
- Warren Buffett: How does Warren Buffett consistently invest so wisely and receive the returns he does?
- Southwest Airlines: How did Southwest successfully entered a highly competitive, unprofitable airline market, and became the most profitable airline company in the world?
- Amazon: How did Jeff Bezos turned his initial e-commerce idea into the world’s largest retail company in the world - Amazon?
Articles on strategic leadership
The world of strategy is quickly advancing. Strategy is more important than ever. There are three critical skills needed to help others succeed: strategy development; strategic planning, and strategic leadership. Strategy development helps you to define the “how” the organization will achieve its overall aim. Strategic planning involves translating the “strategies” into “plans” that ideally can be resourced and executed seamlessly in the organization. Strategic leadership entails not other developing and planning out a winning strategy, but most importantly leading and building up the people and the organization to achieve the overall aim of the organization. See the strategic leadership articles.
Articles on strategy development
The right strategic development approaches, models and tools can play a critical role in helping you to optimize your success. Review the different articles on strategy development to help you determine what works best for you and your organization. See the strategy development articles.
Articles on strategic planning
The world of strategic planning and decision making is quickly advancing. Strategy is more important than ever. Also, being able to effectively implement in shorter time spans is vital. The right type of strategic planning helps you and your organization to know where you are going, and a game plan to get there.We have provided various articles on strategic planning that can help you think in your quest to help your organization succeed. See the strategic planning articles.
Agile strategic management
Agile strategic management can significantly increase the chances that your organization achieves its goals. It requires more genuine leadership and better leverages the best of all relevant disciplines, teamwork, quick, iterative improvements, and a focus on top priorities.
Traditional strategic planning processes work best in manufacturing, construction, and other industries where repetitive, long-term, stable operations are required. However, today many organizations are confronted with constant change, and have considerable resources invested in knowledge or R&D work. Unfortunately, in many of these organizations traditional strategic planning processes are in place and do not work well.
Read more on agile strategic management
Helping you deserve the right to win
We focus on providing you access to breakthrough knowledge on the topic! The field is changing quickly and the opportunities are existing. We search everywhere to provide you best practices, insights and breakthrough innovations.
The most important question that can help you to succeed is this -"what strategy and execution knowledge will help you deserve the right to win?"
Why do so many business strategies fail?
It isn't enough to understand why a few business strategies and strategists exceed everyone's expectation. We need to understand why strategies fail as well. Every business has different circumstances. To simple try and adopt "Apples" business strategy doesn't work. Our goal is to help you learn from failures as well.
Here are top reasons for business strategy failures
- Not understanding what a strategy is and why it is vital
- Focusing on results first and not a true strategy
- Going through the "motions" of developing a "strategic plan"
- Not being passionate about the strategy
- Not understanding in-depth the target customers and the "jobs they would hire you to do"
- Not understanding the environment or "the landscape"
- Not being willing to accept market realities and trends
- Overestimating the capacity and bandwidth of the business
- Trying to do too much and not having a clear focus on a powerful and unique value proposition
- Lack of broad involvement and include just the "brass" in developing the strategy
- Resisting the change needed to execute the strategy
- Having the wrong players in leadership roles